The MCM Shirt Blueprint
Why we do what we do?
In 1995 MCM Studio established its first boutiques in Chapel St South Yarra the heart of Melbourne’s thriving fashion scene with one simple aim to provide our customers with the best quality shirts and ties easily distinguished by signature attention to detail.
Based on the fine art of Italian tailoring we ensure every shirt is well considered with these five core principles before it is produced.
5 Principles in Precision Shirting
- Handle- the fabric must feel right as soon as you pick it up and have the right weight and texture for it’s use.
- Care- the fabric of each shirt should look luxurious yet still be relatively low maintenance and be a pleasure to care for.
- Longevity- every shirt is made with precision stitching and is built with only durable buttons and fusing to ensure it holds up to the rigours of wear and washing.
- Style- the fabrics we select must be functional and wearable for pairing with seasonal ties and accessories with a strong emphasis on luxury appearance.
- Comfort- as much as the shirt must look good it must fit well therefore our customer can ensure they select a comfortable and enjoyable garment they love to wear every day.